MLK Day of Service
The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday celebrates the life and legacy of Dr. King. To honor Dr. King, please consider volunteer opportunities to be of service in your local community.
We encourage you to mark Jan 16, 2023, in your calendars as "a day on, not a day off" to expand your knowledge base on Black studies and donate your time and/or resources. We hope you will find inspiration in the resources below.
Local Bay Area Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer directly with the following organizations:
- African American Community Service Agency
- East Oakland Collective
- Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Bay Area
- Legal Services for Prisoners with Children
- Roots Community Health Center
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
- Stanford Children's Health
- Stanford Healthcare - volunteer program currently closed due to COVID
- TGI Justice
Or search for additional Bay Area opportunities:
National Volunteer Opportunities
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- National Martin Luther King Day of Service
- Volunteers of America
You can also find volunteer opportunities through Stanford University's Cardinal at Work for local Bay Area and national organizations supporting racial justice from the Bay Area Council. Additionally, The Richmond Neighborhood Center has a list of how to support black communities through activism, volunteering with youth programs and education, or direct and legal services.