Adaptive Technology Resources
Main content start
A variety of assistive technology is available throughout the University. The Office of Accessible Education (OAE) and Learning Technology & Spaces (LTS) partner to provide assistive technology applications in the main computer labs and residential computing clusters.
- Faculty and staff who need additional information on obtaining workplace accommodations, including the use of assistive technology software and devices, should contact the D&A Office.
- Students who need assistance exploring assistive technology products are encouraged to register with the OAE.
Current assistive technology software applications available in the main computer labs and computing clusters include:
- Claro Read
- Kurzweil 3000
- Mind Manager
- Olearia DAISY Reader (Mac)
- AMIS DAISY Reader (Windows)
- In addition, Dragon Naturally Speaking and Dragon Dictate are available in private rooms in Old Union and Meyer Library.
- Faculty, staff and Stanford guests who need to obtain information in an alternate format should contact the D&A Office.
- Students who need assistance obtaining textbooks and reading materials in an alternate format should contact the OAE.